I needed to remove carriage returns, line feeds and tab characters from an Excel spreadsheet that was copied straight out of Microsoft Access, and have written a script that performs the replace. Just change the option accordingly, and run 🙂
Category: Microsoft Office
This category contains information relating to Microsoft Office
I have just found out, that if you want to enter a carriage return into an Excel cell, just press Alt+Enter 🙂
I recently copied all my e-mails out of an archive folder, so I could zip them up on my hard drive and then delete them out of my mailbox. To do this I wanted to rename each file with the date the email was sent, using the format YYYY-MM-DD. The Visual Basic for Application script within this post does just that 🙂
Today I worked out how to transpose SQL dates (copied from SQL Server) in Microsoft Word…..
Yesterday I was trying to split an image into 9 separate parts using Microsoft Word 2010, so I could print them out, and when put together would be about the same size as an A2 piece of paper. But I just could not work it out!!! In Word 2007, the settings were straight forward. Just […]
The code in this post can be used to remove HTML tags and escape codes from an Excel selection. Simply page the code into a new module, select the relevant cells to be processed, and press run.
Sometime ago, I wrote a Query Tool application that output data from a database into Excel. However, in the past few days, the users have been getting the “HRESULT 0x800A03EC” exception error when running a specific query. I knew that the application was working, because other query data was being output to Excel. I decided […]
The Microsoft Access procedure contained within post, can be used to remove the “dbo_” prefix from all imported tables within a Microsoft Access Database. Saves doing them all by hand 🙂
I was in the middle of writing an application to retrieve the list of Access Database Tables, but I was getting the error “The ‘Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0’ provider is not registered on the local machine.” I discovered, that as I was using Vista x64, I needed to change the “Advanced Compiler Options” in Visual Studio to target […]