Script that can placed in an Informer calculated column, to return the month and year concatenated into a string, in the format “mm/yyyy”.
Informer script to be placed in a calculated column, to return a URL pointing to the detail of a record.
This will depend very much on the source system of the data in Informer, as a URL may not always be relevant (or possible)
Informer script (to be placed in a calculated column) that can replace pipe (“|”) characters so they do not affect exported results.
Back in June 2014, I discovered a SQL Server Agent job that was failing with the error “Non-SysAdmins have been denied permission to run DTS Execution job steps without a proxy account. The step failed”. It turns out that the person who set up the job did not have sysadmin rights. I changed the owner of the job to a sysadmin user, and now it works 🙂
The script within this post, outputs a list of each DATETIME and SMALLDATETIME field within a database, along with the minimum and maximum values. Useful to identify tables that have a date created or updated column, and you want to find out if they are still being used.
Do you have any spurious characters in a field??
Well, the code within this post, can be used to obtain a list of the ASCII character codes for each individual character of a field
Would you like to increase the “TOP” limit when selecting or editing rows?? Then this post will help 🙂
This post is work in progress, but I am looking into the use of Full Text Search within SQL Server.
I have just found out, that if you want to enter a carriage return into an Excel cell, just press Alt+Enter 🙂
If you need to find out if a database is being used (or when it was last updated), a useful script contained within this post, will return the maximum date for each and every date/time field within all tables in the current database
When I searching the internet (in March 2013) I came across a useful list of shortcut keys for use within SQL Server when coding.
I recently copied all my e-mails out of an archive folder, so I could zip them up on my hard drive and then delete them out of my mailbox. To do this I wanted to rename each file with the date the email was sent, using the format YYYY-MM-DD. The Visual Basic for Application script within this post does just that 🙂