Yesterday, I was trying to install Virtual PC for Windows 7, but it was taking ages to install. I even left it running overnight, but all it said, was:
“Initializing installation… done!”
“Installing Update for Windows (KB958559) (update 1 of 1)…”
The Transact-SQL Script below, is useful if you want to standardise the location of your databases. I have been managing a server whereby databases created by other people were created all over the place!! Therefore, this script was written to make life so much easier. 🙂 Be sure to read through the script before running it. […]
Hi. I have a .NET web site using Endeca, that references a three-level externally managed dimension. An example of this dimension is: Level 1: Dairy free, meat free, gluten free Level 2: Meat free Level 3: Tofu Level 2: Dairy free … However, because there are no results for Meat free or Tofu, these are […]
Earlier today, one of the database servers that I manage wasn’t responding. This turned out to be due to a Windows Update that caused the server to restart, but the server didn’t come back properly. We restarted the server again and it seemed OK. Because this happened in the middle of an Endeca “Baseline Update”, […]
Yesterday I was trying to split an image into 9 separate parts using Microsoft Word 2010, so I could print them out, and when put together would be about the same size as an A2 piece of paper. But I just could not work it out!!! In Word 2007, the settings were straight forward. Just […]
The script within this post returns a list of all tables (along with the schema name), and indexes (where they exist), and the name of the associated file group.
This will useful to find out which objects have been assigned to the wrong file group.
I have a database with over 10 file groups, and wanted to find out why there was over 50Gb of data in the PRIMARY file group, even though there were only a couple of tables in that group. When I ran this script, I discovered there were some indexes that had been incorrectly created in the PRIMARY group!!!