Hi. I have just added a forum to my site, that can be accessed using the option in the menu, or by clicking HERE. Please use the forum to post any questions you may have, or to see if there is any solutions to problems you have encountered. 🙂
The code contained in this post can be used to find all tables that contain columns that have “ADDRESS” in the name. It can easily be modified to search for table column names with any specific word.
When I upgraded the User Online plugin (wp-useronline) a short while ago, I got a Fatal Error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method scbOptions::get_key() in …/wp-content/plugins/wp-useronline/admin.php on line 56 I looked on Google and found the WordPress Support page http://wordpress.org/support/topic/396809 and renamed the plugin folder “wp-useronline” to “xwp-useronline”. I then went to the Plugins page […]
Hi. I have just downloaded Red Gate’s FREE SQL Search tool from http://www.red-gate.com/products/SQL_Search/index.htm Features: Find fragments of SQL text within stored procedures, functions, views and more Quickly navigate to objects wherever they happen to be on your servers Find all references to an object Integrates with SSMS Why use SQL Search? Impact Analysis You want […]
I have been using a Transact-SQL query (see Method 1 – Update entire table below) to get the Median “Order Value” for an entire list of Customers. However, due to the quantity of data, it was taking for ever.
Therefore, this morning I decided to write a SQL Server User Defined Function (see Method 2 – Function below) [1. Please ensure you test any script taken from my website on a test/development machine, before running on a production server.] to update the Median Order Value for a single Customer. I then used a UPDATE query to update all of the customers. This took a lot less time to process 🙂
Recently I have started to do a bit of web development using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. However, whenever I tried to view the site (which uses the ASP.Net Development Server as I am running it from the File System), I was always getting an “Unable to Connect” error in FireFox. However, after doing some searching […]
The SQL Server function in this post can be used to highlight text (while preserving the case) that has been searched for within a web page.
The Transact-SQL script in this post which was written for SQL Server 2005, returns a list of the values and a count for each and every field within a table. You just need to change the schema name and table name, and specify a limit (if needed) for the number of values returned for each field.
Last week, the company I use to host my website upgraded from PHP 5.2 to PHP 5.3. When this happened, my web site went completely blank :-(. I couldn’t get anything to appear, and couldn’t even log in to the dashboard. However, after enabled PHP errors, I discovered that the “WordPress Automatic Upgrade” plugin was […]
I have just found a very useful article from SQLServerCentral.com, that goes through the process of replacing multiple spaces with one. “Replacing multiple spaces with a single space is an old problem that people use loops, functions, and/or Tally tables for. Here’s a set based method for replacing multiple spaces from MVP Jeff Moden” http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/68378/
The code in this post can be used to remove HTML tags and escape codes from an Excel selection. Simply page the code into a new module, select the relevant cells to be processed, and press run.
As of Tuesday 1st September 2009, I have gained the Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Business Intelligence Developer 2008 Certification. This is on top of my MCITP Database Administrator and MCITP Database Developer certification that I gained last year. 🙂