I was having problems with SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) 2016 which I have been running with administrator permissions, whereby I couldn’t open files on my mapped network drives.
Doing a bit of Google’ing, I came across this article – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee844140(v=WS.10).aspx
I applied the registry fix:
To configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then right-click the registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
- Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type EnableLinkedConnections, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click EnableLinkedConnections, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
And, it has fixed the problem 🙂