I was searching the internet for useful shortcuts for SQL Server, and came across this Stack Overflow post – http://stackoverflow.com/questions/101079/sql-server-management-studio-tips-for-improving-the-tsql-coding-process
Below are some useful highlights that I will be using:
- Rectangular Selection – To create a rectangular selection for copying or deleting, press ALT and then drag from corner to corner.
- Comment Selection – To comment out a selection of lines, press CTRL + K and CTRL + C
- Uncomment Selection – To remove comments from a selection of lines, press CTRL + K then CTRL + U
- Query Designer – To display the Query Designer press CTRL + SHIFT + Q
- List of columns in Query Window – From Object Explorer, expand a table, and drag the “Columns” node Object Explorer into a query windows. It will create a CSV list of columns.
- Display Estimated Execution Plan – Ctrl+L
- Show/Hide Results Pane – Ctrl+R
- Query Shortcuts
- Alt+F1 – executes sp_help. Simple highlight a table or another object in the Query Window, and press Alt+F1 to show the sp_help information
- Ctrl+1 – executes sp_who
- Ctrl+2 – executes sp_lock
- To change these shortcuts, or other Ctrl+number keys, go to Tools, Options, Environment, Keyboard, and Query Shortcuts